Bishop Haywood
Served: 1908 - 1931

Bishop Haywood was a multi-talented person and a man of vision. He was a pastor, evangelist, teacher, an architect, and a prolific writer of tracts, journals, books and songs. He began Christ Temple's first monthly publication, "The Voice in the Wilderness" in 1910. Many of his songs can be found today in the Pentecostal Bridegroom songbook. Bishop Haywood traveled extensively, both in the United States and in foreign countries, preaching and teaching the Word of God. He owned his own printing shop and printed all of Christ Temple's literature and many tracts. When he could not travel, the tracts traveled for him. Many of his writings were translated into various foreign languages. They were sent to Russia. China, Japan, India, Africa and Israel.

Among his many accomplishments, he purchased a building to be used as a saints' home for those who were homeless. This home served as a home for elderly saints, and for visiting ministers and saints during their stay in Indianapolis.

Bishop Haywood remained the pastor of Christ Temple until his death in April 1931. His memory and his work continue to live on. His evangelistic effects are international. He was one of the charter members and first presiding bishops of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World. His published works continue to be in demand and his prophetic songs continue to comfort and encourage the soul. Bishop Haywood was also an artist.